Nine'teen'

By Maudy Elvira - May 17, 2015


Bonjour à tous.

This time i'd like to say that it has been such a great opportunity for me to just live, to observe, to survive, to learn, and also to try getting into this blogging-writing game up until my 19th year of existence. I just turned 19 last Friday which marks this year as my last year of being a "teen" in term of age. I did say "in term of age" because i do feel like being a teenager is still what is currently set on my mind instead of being a fresh new adult.

This past 9 years of me being a teenager has been such a thing.. I graduated from elementary, got into middle school, high school then finished my 12 years of wearing a uniform with three different color skirts and somehow these paths i have taken leads me to this little canvas i am painting now, as a college student. Living my life as an ordinary teenager, i find myself very hard to be this certain kind of person i have always wanted to be, loud, warm, easy-going, et cetera...not even close to one of characteristics i have mentioned. But as time goes by, year by year...oh well actually in this past few years, i kind try to accept this hidden part of me which i have never and did not even want to realize and see. I realize that i have been looking up to people all my whole teenager life that i am not my own self anymore. It is not an easy matter to get out of your comfort sofa and try to walk in a new pair of shoes..and it will never be. I did not know how long it took for me to just get out of it...to get out of the whats-so-called mainstream. And i do not explain what i really mean because of some things that you will never give an objective glance at..so i better shut my keyboard's sound up. Here.

I am writing this not because i want to spoil about someone's insecurities because i believe everyone does have their own insecurities about themselves and i personally think that it is healthy to have one which means that you are fully aware of yourself. What makes it unhealthy is none other than all the pressure that you've probably put into those insecurities of yours. Why don't we just take our time to cut those heavy strings and look after them but not make them as a part of yourself but as a thing that you need to take care of..something that you'll need to look after and as something that your future self will see and thank the current you for cutting it off from your own back in the past.

Have a nice Sunday night people, It is a new week for you to be grateful of.


Good night.

Bisous.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments