[JAPAN] Getting around in the town of MATCHA

By Maudy Elvira - October 20, 2016

Bonjour à tous,

Today marks the third week of me being in Kyoto, Japan accompanied by this ice cold feet of 13 degree celcius - tropical baby problem, oh yes. - My stay in Kyoto has been an interesting one. Been used to live in the capital city where the hustlin bustlin is happening, living in Kyoto gives me a chance to calm myself a little. Sitting by the riverside, having lunch, looking at the clear blue sky, and all things i can't do back at home. But, also because of its calm, quiet condition, i am also struggling to adapt. While in Seoul back then, going out at 11 p.m is nothing, there are still numbers of youngster, people walking around the city, it is still alive. But, Kyoto is a different book in different genre. Even at 7 p.m, it's dark already. I have to say i am struggling a little because of my hobby which is wandering around the city at night by public transportation. I gotta hold myself back a little for that one.

Despite all the struggle, Kyoto has been treating me best. It gives me the best food, best weather, best tea, and of course, matcha! That leads me to the city of matcha itself. Yes, Uji. Last Monday, my dorm friends and i got a chance to visit Uji. From Konoedori or nearby the Kyoto University, where our dorm is located, we took the train and transferred to the JR line, well, actually you can also take the Keihan line which costs you much cheaper. It was one crowded day, my best guess was because that day was a national holiday. national sports day something, idk why Japan has so many interesting odd national holidays.


after minutes of walk from the station..JR line

Tonight, i'm all wrapped up with my hot red ginger and struggling with this itchiness from allergy. Surprisingly, i somehow got infected and the dermatologist i went to on Monday morning diagnosed me for having allergy contact dermatitis with some certain kind of plants or grass i have no clue which one. So, this week i've been having a hard week. My body is all red with all these hives and not to mention, they are very fcking itchy for real. Having to keep this thought to myself, this is not the worst thing which could be happening to me, get your shiz together. Oh God.

thank you bf for having me brought his jacket all the way here. i'll dry clean your baby. i swear.
*ps: don't wear tights to Uji because you'll end up hiking. And probably end up getting allergy like me. 

this shrine happens to be on the 10 yen coin, check it out.

just a glimpse to show you how peaceful this oldest shrine in Japan is.

The picture above is taken in Ujigami shrine which happens to be the oldest shrine in Japan. Cool, right. If i have to be honest, i'm not much of a shrine or old thingy person but to feel this peaceful vibe in such a sacred place is just wow. But, gotta emphasize one more thing. You ain't wear any tights or sleeveless or shorts to this place, honey. Not because it is prohibited or such but you won't know what kind
can we take a moment to just appreciate the probably best matcha ice crea i've ever had in my life.


euroasia in a frame, if that's a thing.

See you on possible another Japadventure. Let's see where we'll be going next.

Bisous.



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments