[JAPAN] A Day in Arashiyama

By Maudy Elvira - November 10, 2016

relationship status: i got myself dressed up, i got food. 
ain't no boy, ain't no prob.

Bonjour à tous.

Last Saturday, i got a chance to visit possibly one of the best places i have ever been in my entire existence. Yes, you could tell by title, Arashiyama. Successfully moved myself outta bed on cloudy Saturday morning and hoping on 45 minutes bus ride to the southern part of Kyoto were really wise decision i gotta say. Getting off the bus, it was quite packed at that time knowing it was Saturday and it was the beginning of autumn already, oh well no wonder why. Arashiyama is known for its beauty during autumn season and i am more than lucky to be given a chance to visit this place in this very season. Despite the touristy chaos, we were welcomed by a really pretty scenery throughout the riverside. The weather was really really lovely. Different from the downtown Kyoto, i just got the feeling that in Arashiyama it just felt way way fresher. This place is just a place that brings you warmth even on that cold autumn day.



I have been wanting to visit Arashiyama since i can't even remember. One of the reason why is to visit the famous coffee shop called Arabica Kyoto. Been scrolling through their instagram page, this place is on my bucket list and i am more than happy to be having this one very list checked. So happy to finally find a good coffee shop that really serves a great coffee in Kyoto. 




No surprise the line was quite long but i got no problem with that as you know, it's in Arashiyama, waiting for 20 minutes? I absolutely can cope with that. 5 p.m traffic in Tendean is way way worse. But, first of all, can you just take a moment to appreciate how beautiful the interior is... Go check out their website!




I actually recorded the whole day and have been planning to edit those footage. Let's just hope it will be done soon. Oh yeah, i also visited the all time famous, bamboo forest. Visiting this forest gave me anxiety as you all probably know i have this severe allergic reaction towards wild plants since i have been here in Japan and that cannot be more sucks as i love to visit this kind of place but oh well, you gotta do what you gotta do. Pants tucked into boots, hands in jacket's pockets mode on.

 the holy famous, bamboo forest.


 on top of the hill in Arashiyama



 the cutest souvenir shop. all about cats.


 Ah i got a little story to share you, might not be so interesting but i am writing it anyway. Last Monday, i went to downtown Kyoto because i thought to myself, "yo girl you need to buy real comfortable pillow asap!" That is because this dorm i'm currently living in only provides you this hard rock pillow which i think i have seen it a lot in doraemon. But, never have i ever think it's going to feel like sleeping on the rock. Poor nobita, now i know why you're so stressed out. But on the way back home, while waiting for my bus to come, there were 2 grandmas out of the blue approached me by asking where i was going and whether or not i know where i'm going. They also offered to help me with my big ass grocery bag. I mean, come on they must be 70ish already. One of these ladies speak English purfectly and she talked to me about the election chaos over 'there'. I don't know, it's just like a reminder to me to pay more attention to my surroundings, to be more approachable.



See you with hopefully other interesting story about places in Japan. Ah i'm leaving for my first ever solo trip to Tokyo next week. Can't wait.

Bisous.





  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments