[JAPAN] Weekend Around Kyoto

By Maudy Elvira - December 26, 2016

questioning reality. i mean look at this movie-set-look-alike view.

こんにちは!!

So, last weekend i happened to randomly join my friends in the mission of going....oh well, somewhere. I didn't even know where we were heading to at that time. We got off at a station called Ogotoonsen Station, somewhere outside the busy calm city of Kyoto. It was totally a countryside. Odd and way too quite for my preference. But, after a little stroll, turned out it was worth it. 






It was just mesmerizing for a city girl like me. Born and raised in a city somehow kinda makes a distance separating me and nature. I'm just so bad dealing with nature. As you may already know, i got a severe allergy a couple weeks after arriving in Kyoto and turned out i am severely allergic to certain kind of wild plants. Weird much? I know. That was also my first time getting severe allergic reaction which is that bad. I gotta admit, after that experience, i started paying attention way too much to my surrounding and at some time, it was just so bad i can't enjoy the scenery because of my anxiety towards getting in contact with certain wild plants. I can't feel content about myself enjoying what surrounds me. But, it is not me if i do not do things like this again and again and again. 





 After a few hours, my friends went to visit a temple nearby. But, as i just didn't feel like spending money for the scenery that is just the same if i'm looking from outside of the temple, i decided to stay outside and just hanging around on my own. There was a bench facing up the lake and the scenery offered more that i expected. I saw an old couple walking by the lake and an old woman feeding the birds? swans? what are they?











Two days later, on Christmas Day, i managed to wake up super late. Oh yes, as usual. I decided to visit the one and only, Kiyomizu-dera Temple, just 20 minutes by bus from my dorm. Wise decision, maudy, you were wise, at least once.











 ma'am, you should be in GBK for real.

Today marks my third month living in Kyoto. So far, i have been to Tokyo on my own, getting followed by stranger in Kawaramachi, getting lost in Asakusa on 11ish p.m, spending all my money in japanese drugstore, eating like tomorrow i be fasting, bumped into naked man in Osaka on Halloween night, experiencing my first snow, etc. It feels like yesterday in Senopati, my junior high friends and i celebrated new year's eve, someone said happy new year to me, and it feels like it was just yesterday but here we are, five days left to 2017. 










Happy Holiday people. See you next timeee.

Bissszzzssous.


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments