what luck means to me.

By Maudy Elvira - January 30, 2017


earth's work of art be needing no canvas to paint on.

Today, in this snowy city of Kyoto, i would like to talk about something that is intangible yet most of use still wish for its existence to come. Yes. Luck.

"Mod, u're so lucky! how come?"

This very sentence sounds no foreign to me. I used to feel just fine hearing all these words being screamed at my face. But these past few months, it sounds just not right. Do you mean it? Do they mean it? Or is it just me taking things too far? I feel people kind of judging you based on what is it on the end, what is it on the finish line, without taking some time to see "how". How was the process, all the efforts, all the confusion, all thing we need to give up on. This is because we, including me, choose and filter what we want to tell people, what we want to show people. Nothing is wrong. But, nothing is right.

Well, there are surely some times i feel this wheel of fortune just crashed to me. Luck came to me without even trying like when i somehow magically escaped from that bomb terror last year. Even though ever since that event, i have been having a problem with loud, sudden noise. Or when i happened to be at Tokyo by myself when the 7.3 sr earthquake happened last November, probably the reason why i have been feeling like my bed is always shaky when i wake up ever since. I know luck does come in such different ways and generally out of blue, but still sometimes it gives you the after effect. I sound exaggerating, didn't i?

Our life is a series of fortunate/unfortunate events, whether we like it or not. Stuff happens to people. Sincere love but unrequited, possible chance but missed, everything just happens. I am not even sure with the saying, "everything happens for a reason", because sometimes, things happen to me and some of them just seem unreasonable. Maybe it is me who is still blinded by all these tangible materials. Forgetting the beauty behind moments. The meaning of luck can be diverse to different people. You might be thinking you are just lucky, but at the same time, he/she might be thinking "well, i got it because i work for it." I personally believe that we can separate luck into two, the one that just appears into your life without warning and the one that you actually work for. Certain luck does come to those who are smart enough to seek for opportunities and make the best out of it. But also, there will always be something you cannot predict. Stuff happens to people. But, sometimes people happens to stuff.

i miss Kyoto's snow already.

I'll see you next time.
Maybe.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments