[JAPAN] Going Solo in Tokyo

By Maudy Elvira - November 24, 2016

So, without thinking and planning much, i decided to book a one way shinkansen to Tokyo from Kyoto, booked a hostel (cause you know you gotta stay on budget, gurl) for 4 nights, and counted my whole life on google maps, oh yeah here we go to just one of several impulsive decisions i have made for the last 20 years of my life. I don't know, i have done some travelling and from those young inexperienced experiences, i learn something about how much i enjoy travelling solo. Despite having the anxiety of walking alone at night and how much i dislike hostel's bed sheet, travelling solo means you can do all you wanna do without having to ask for other people's opinion, you don't have to wait for others to get ready, you don't have to stop by a shop you're not even interested in. So, to sum it all in one sentence, travelling solo means you do only what you want to do

Earlier back home, my father told me, you should try that shinkansen thingy even it might cost a little at least you have tried it once, if you haven't, don't even think about going home, lol. And, so i did.

literally have no idea that i own a shopping mall somewhere in downtown tokyo.





 Kaminarimon shopping street.

Senso-ji Temple. 









Then, some might be questioning. But, i don't know the city i'm going to, i don't speak the language, etc. Just so you know, so do i, gurl. I don't even speak proper Japanese or Korean when i went around Seoul a few months ago. The only thing i recommend you to have is a map on your smartphone and that one application about subway or bus information. Ah, and the most important thing is you gotta be prepared for all the possibilities that might come, like getting lost, meeting interesting strangers, seeing naked people in hostel room, and all the weird yet interesting stuff.

While in Tokyo, i decided to go to the hair salon and have my hair colored. I booked this salon like a week before my visit and turned out it was worth every penny. My stylist, Deji, is a really wonderful guy and not to mention, really really good. I think i am going to find myself going back to this salon on my next visit to Tokyo. At first, i want to try having my hair colored in grey but turned out it did not work out well with the bleaching process as the stupid me colored my hair black a few months ago and you know how hard it its to get to the lightest level when your hair is pitch black. Then, my stylist suggested the color ash brown with hints of grey and turned out really good. I think all my life, going to the hair salon back in Indonesia is a nightmare as i have never been satisfied with the result, but i gotta admit Japanese hair salon and stylist really know and good at what they're doing. 

But, being way too punctual for my appointment, as usual, i decided to walk around and found this cute cafe and why not stopping by and grab a cuppa coffee to wake myself up.












Ah, they also got a cafe in the first floor.
The food portion is no joke and the taste is well not bad.





Ginza. 




I have been browsing through tripadvisor to find things like what to do in blabla. And as i was roaming around Ginza, i tried looking for this one famous sushi restaurant, Sushidokoro Marui and believe it or not, i found it. Even the salmon and the tuna weren't as fatty as the ones i had in Osaka, this plate of sushi just gave me mouthgasm, if that's even a word.




Ikebukuro








Coziest cafe i have ever stumbled across, Blue Bottle. 









 Harajuku.


I have been dying to try the famous Ichiran ramen but as i have never been a noodle type of a person, i decided to save my ramen virginity for the king of ramen itself. And this holy bowl broke the spell.




KYA. MY LONG LOST LOVE.


MR. FARMERS, Omotesando.
Serves bunches of vegan dishes. Nice vibes. Well recommended.





Gotta visit the famous, overrated, Urth Caffe though. 



Actually, i still have some footages like a group of people dressed in Mario Bros riding go cart through shibuya crossing, people doing mannequin challenge in the midst of crowd in shibuya crossing, etc, but i think i might put those together and make it all into one video if i'm not that lazy hehe.

I'll see you around on probably the next trip.

Bisous.

xoxo



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments